Wednesday 18 October 2017

Morocco

Yay, we're here😃
Arrived in Tangier Med around 6pm. Too late really given how soon it goes dark this far south but it was a very painless entry. Far less hassle than Ceuta. Still confusing of course. Just when you think youre nearly done the customs guy sends you back to the Police to get your CIN number validated. The CIN is the Police number in your passport, who knows it's purpose but it's obviously important.
So off I go in search of a Police man. I ask a guy in a hi via jacket, he takes me over to a booth that looks shut. Blinds all firmly closed, no sign of life. He VERY gingerly taps the glass......nothing. I can tell he really doesn't want to try again, or be within a 100m of here.
He has another go. Some  movement. The door opens the width of a hand and, well a hand appears out of the darkness. I hand over my passport. The door shuts and my helper in the Hi Vis pretty much runs away.
5 minutes pass, the door opens, the width of a hand and my passport reappears. Back to the customs guy, who goes back to his PC.
I'm instructed to stay by the van. It would appear that their IT systems are actually quite integrated. 5 minutes later and he's back we're good to go. There is another check point which I've observed other travellers being stopped at a 100m up the road, but he's busy on his mobile so the barrier lifts and we really are on our way.
So onwards to Asilah for the night. Asilah looks good but it's chucking it down with rain and it's been a long day so and early night.
I'd stocked up on red wine before we left Spain. A 5 litre box, should be enough for a day or two😂
Shame it's bloody Sherry, doh🤔 explains why it's 15% proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment